Friday, December 20, 2013

KPFA Craft Fair


 Say Hello to Margo and the EBHQ booth at the KPFA Craft Fair.  These are our 2 Raffle quilts Big Blue and Rebecca Rohrcasts beautiful Red Quilt to raise money for our Voices in Cloth Quilt show in March.
Here is the postcard table that I sat at on Sunday to raise money from the sale of our Postcards.  Can you believe we sold more than half of the postcards that we brought.  Amazing fund raiser for our Quilt Show.

This is one of the postcard boards that Sue Fox lent us to display our postcards.  Some comments from people who bought the postcards were:
What a great gift idea.
Will this really go through the USPS? Yes.
Need Better Graphics for the postcard sign
Put something like : Handmade by East Bay Heritage Quilter on the postcard back.
Now we need to replenish our stock of postcards.  We only have 3 months to go for the Quilt Show.
 I had 5 quilts to showcase the workshops that EBHQ offers to promote quilting.  This is a quilt that I made from Marjan Kluepfel.  I started with a black fabric which was discharged and shibori pole wrapped.  The other fabrics used were my hand dyed fabrics.  The dragonfly was a pattern that she provided.  I used a metalic sheet for the bottom wings and Angelina fibers for the top wings.
I wanted to show the backing of this small quilt.  I didn't think to put a sleeve on these quilts, because they were my workshop samples.  Thank you Mabry or Sue for putting on the sleeves with safety pins.  It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment