Friday, December 20, 2013

Hexagon triangles

 This is the hexagon triangle quilt that I am working on.  The hexagons are made with 3 jelly rolls of Kaffe Fabric and Rowan 2 1/2 inch fabrics.  I matched one light with one dark and sewed them together on the top and bottom.  Cut them into 2 1/2 inch triangles and sewed them together into sets of three.  The fabrics are very psycodelic.  There are 7 rows of 7 for a total of 49 hexagons.  At first I thought the green fabric would make a nice background for the bright colors and tone it all down.
 Then I put the 8 gradation yellow to red color hand dyed fabrics from Cherrywood fabrics in the mix.  The yellow in the middle looks like the sun with the gradation colors spiraling out.
Toned down would have been all right.  Bright looks much better to me.  The weather has been so cold and grey that working on these bright fabrics have really brightened my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment