Monday, February 17, 2014
This is my first attempt at making a new bib. I traced the original onto a bath towel and cut out the shape. I used a grey bias tape and and tried to sew the tape around the edges by just folding the edges around the towel and sewing it. It was not too successful. The new velcro from JoAnns $1 dollar craft bin works well though and holds the ends together great. I took a label and wrote Doris name on this bib.
This is the second one that I made. This time I ironed the bias tape flat. Sewed a 1/4 inch of the tape around the edges of the cut out towel and then hand stitched the bias tape to the back. Just like a quilt binding. Feed Me was her brothers idea. Now all Doris has to do is point to Feed Me if she gets hungry. The lettering was scraps of colorful fabric that were hand sewn on.