Postal Blue is finished. The pictures have been selected, printed, cut to size and ironed on the quilt. I took this picture standing on the stairs looking down. Do you see my socks?
This is my next project that I am almost finished with. It is a clamshell pattern. I made a template of the clamshell with some plastic template. Then I went through my whole fabric stash and cut out a clamshell from almost every fabric that I had. I sorted all the cut fabrics by color. Red, pink, blue, tourquoise, dark blue, browns, etc. I noticed that the colors mostly sorted themselves into packs of 25. So then I started to hand piece them. I usually sorted the 25 pieces on the couch next to me in rows of 5 each of 5. As I watched television in the evening, I was able to piece together one set. Once I had a lot of sets done, I laid them out on the floor to see how they looked together. I had to cut out more circles and part circles to complete the sides and bottom edges. I wanted it to have scallops all around the quilt. I have finished outline stitching in the ditch to secure everything and take out all the safety pins. Now, I'm trying to figure out if it needs more quilting.
Here is a close up. I was thinking of naming this quilt Clamshell Mountains or Shell Mound.