Friday, December 20, 2013

Freddys Spikes

This is my Spikes quilt from the Freddy Moran workshop.  Isn't it spectacular.  The words I would use is bold and graphic with the red black and white.  I don't know why I don't use more of the black and white fabric in my quilts.  It is such a eye catcher.  This was also a very improvisational piecing.  The other quilts in the class were purple, yellow, brown, some with japanese fabrics, batiks and prints.  With all of these different fabrics and styles, they all came out beautiful.

Freddy quilted feathers and stylized quilting in the red rows and borders.  I quilted straight lines in the borders.  I think I used white thread to outline stitch the spikes.  Much more simple, but just as nice.  The red fabric was a JoAnn special when they had a bolt of red fabric for sale.  The white is mostly muslin with some white on white fabric.  I was able to find some black on black fabric.  The color spots were leftovers from other projects.  There was 1 fabric of black and white dots that made gradation dots.

I liked Freddys easy going style of teaching.  She kept us all on track and yet allowed us to use our creativity on a great pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment