Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bon Dance

Sorry this is out of focus.  This is a quilt that I made from the Temari Bolts of Fabric sale.  The fabrics were in 2 plastic bags with other fabrics from I'm guessing the 70s and 80s.  The feel of the fabric is of a soft polished cotton.  I was able to piece the large pieces together to make this top.  First I pieced the middle yellow green and peach section.  Then I mitered the corners of the strips of 3 yellow green and orange colors.
I pieced the purple blue green section together.  Then I mitered the corners of the strips of 3 pink green and blue colors.  I love the vibrant colors.
 This is the back of the Bon Dance quilt.
There was a box of Bon Dance towels with names of the different missions where Bon Dances are held in Hawaii.  Soto Mission is where my Aunt Ethel dances.  My Mom is from Waialua and she has family who dance in the Waipahu area, so I put those in the middle of the piece.
My mom said not to put a batting in the middle as it would make it too hot.  I did put muslin in the middle to separate the colorful front from the back.  This measures 67 x 55.  This will be a gift to my Uncle James.

No comments:

Post a Comment