Saturday, June 8, 2013

On the design wall

This is what I am working on.   These are all silk fabric scraps.  I have been cutting silks for about a week now. Luckily, I have about another hundred fabrics to cut into triangles.  From each fabric, I cut three pieces and try to short them in to categories. So far the categories are white, dark, red, yellows, etc.

At first I tried putting them on my design wall, a tablecloth pinned on the wall.  The silks would not adhere to the wall.  Then I placed a sheet on the bed and used that as my design wall.  Taking a picture of it really allows you to see the separations of the light and dark.
There are problems with silk that I have been pondering, but haven't made a decision yet.  Should I put on an interface backing.  Some of the silks are very flimsy and sheer.  Should I hand piece them?  
I still have a long way to go.  But it is taking shape.  Now back to cutting more triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment