Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hula Girl Bag

 Hula Girl bag is done.  Doris needed a new wheelchair bag.  You can see the holes and the rips in the old bag at the bottom of this post.  This fabric is called Hawaiin bark cloth. It is used a lot in upholstery, so it should be fairly strong and durable.  I cut out a hula girl motif and interfaced and topstitched her on.
 This is the back of the bag.  It worked out really well having the buttons on the side that does not show.  There were no ripped buttons or ripped fabric like the first bag I made.
This is the bag that I had to replace.  The topstitching on the demure hula girl was starting to come apart at the right edge.  There were tiny holes becoming visible in the merimekko fabric.  I think this is more from washing.
This is the inside of the bag and the reason why I decided to make a new bag.  She just ripped this fabric to shreds.  I love putting a pretty print on the inside of the bag.  The new bag has a light purple japanese geta or wooden shoes fabric.  I think Doris will get a good kick out of it.  Its always fun when the inside looks just as interesting as the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment