Sunday, April 19, 2015

Oxford Clothes


 This is the label on one of the back of the wool samples that Miss Ogata gave me.  There was a whole box full of these samples.  They were stapled with two staples at the top and the backs had these labels.  I had to remove the staples and carefully pick off the labels.  The gum was very strong, so I used a q tip in rubbing alcohol to remove the gum residue.  Most of the gum came off with the alcohol.
L
 This is the top with the bricks all sewn together in a brick pattern.  I added triangle scraps of Yukata japanese fabric on the opposing ends of the bricks.
 It looks so beautiful.  The wool is soft and pliable, the kasuri is so colorful.  I think this is a classic.  It has a modern, yet an antique look to it.
Here is a closeup.  I am planning to look for some black wool to use as a batting and either a japanese print or hawaiian print for the backing fabric.  Some possible names for this quilt
Shades of Grey
Oxford Suits and Bowties
Suits

No comments:

Post a Comment