Sunday, April 19, 2015

mirror image

 These are 2 retirement quilts that were made at the same time.  I used Marcia Derse fat quarters and batik white fat quarters for the mirror image.  The blocks of the two quilts were all sewn at the same time.  At first, I thought I would make one gigantic quilt with all the blocks, but with two retirements coming up, I decided to split them and make two mirror image quilts.  The top quilt went to Gary Thompson and the bottom quilt went to Rana Oliver.  The large white areas allowed for friends and family to write their retirement wishes.

 Here are two close ups.  On the second quilt, I only quilted the white section.  I used a white 12 wt Aurifil thread on the top and a Gutterman white 50 wt cotton on the back.

This is the backing fabric for the second quilt.  I thought Rana would get a kick out of this fabric.  It reminds me of wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment