Friday, December 21, 2018

It started as White

 What do you do with all those beautify hand dyed fabric that you have on your fabric shelves.  All of these fabrics started out as white and were dyed in different classes.  I think they came from classes I took with Ellen Oppenheimer, Lynn Koolish, Jan Meyers Newbery.  I did not take enough notes during those classes.  I recognize batik, low emersion dying, acid dyes, procion dyes, stamping, shibori, ???

Do you see the blue shark?  There is a turtle in the design of the shark.  The brown fabric uses wooden chops dipped in wax.


This is a backing of cotton yukata of yellow butterflies.

I quilted the butterflies from the back.  This is how the quilting looks from the front.  Overall, I am very happy to finally use some of these precious fabrics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment