Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Paper lamination




This is the sample quilt from the Leslie Tucker Jennison Paper lamination class.  I used my silk scarves instead of the requested organza or other sheer fabric.  To get the best of the class, you really should follow the directions of the supply list, but, I thought the silk would work.  Partly yes and no.

Here is an example of a music sheet that was laminated to the silk.  I used the medium gel and I think the consistency was too thick which made the silk very stiff.
This is Joss Paper that Leslie supplied to us.  The blue silk is the joss paper laminated on the top of the silk.  The yellow example shows the joss paper laminated to the back of the silk.  The paper is then washed off.


This is the back of the quilt.  I used a japanese panel of a geisha with tea and two japanese fabrics for the top and side.  The panel is so pretty.  I used a walking foot and simply started from the outside and quilted it about 4 inces apart then retraced it when I got to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment