Friday, June 20, 2014

Santa Rosa Quilt Show

 The Moonlight Quilters of Sonoma County held their quilt show earlier this month in Santa Rosa.  D. J. Berger was the featured quilt artist.  This is a picture of her San Francisco quilt.  I love the way the dragons tail made the lombard street twist and turn.  So well thought out and executed.
 This fabulous quilt of yukata fabrics was made by Judy Mathieson.  She was last years featured artist.  Such a beautiful way to show off such beautiful fabric.

The detail shows the shibori hand stitching where the flowers were continued in the red, pink, purple and blue sections.  

Isn't it fun how this quilt used the sock monkey fabric.  I can't remember his name, but I think it was Jim.  I thought I caught the label in this picture.  He makes such a technically hard to piece quilt look like it was fun to make.

As you can see, the quilt show was amazing.  I am always surprised at the beautiful quilts at this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment