Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Simple 4 patch

Look how wonderful a simple 4 patch can be if you use Kaffe Fassett shot cottons and place them into a woven texture.  The colors give a modern feel to a simple pattern.  This has been on the wall for over a month now.  With the VIC and workshops, I haven't been able to take it off the wall and start quilting the top.  It measures 82 x 82 now, so I probably won't put a border on.  I have a 80 x 20 cotton polyester batting that could fit.  But after hearing Pat Paulys lecture about the virtues of wool batting, I might just wait to buy some wool batting.

I have started to use the leftovers of the 42 fat quarter Kaffe shot cottons.  There was only a 5 inch strip x 18 inch left.  What can you make with these small strips of fabric?  My next project.  You'll just have to wait and see.  I have already finished cutting all the fabric.  Now if I can find the time to piece them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment