Monday, August 5, 2013

Bath Mat

 I made a bath mat for Midori.  I used a regular towel, folded it in half and then used the walking foot to sew around the edges and into the middle.

It was simple, easy to make and it felt good to recycle an old towel.

Here is a mat that my Aunt Helen made.  It is simple, not so easy to make and uses recycle fabric on a towel.  What a colorful inspiration.  To give the mat depth, she folded squares of fabric into prairie points and sewed them down starting from the edge of the mat to the middle.  This mat was well used, well taken care of and lasted at least 20 years.  Yes. at least.  I'm sure it was washed many times, but you don't see any unraveling.  The mat I made probably wont last a year.  Something made well will give you such pleasure in its simplicity and longevity.  Hopefully, one day I'll have the time to make a bath mat like Helens.

1 comment:

  1. Since the available best quality, competitive factory direct price, and professional follow-ups, Zengbo bath rugs supplier has been regarded as one of the most professional bath mat manufacturers in China and has had many loyal clients in the USA, bath mat manufacturers

    ReplyDelete