Friday, March 15, 2013

lavendar elephants


 Lavendar, yellow and baby elephants.  That was the description, my coworker made describing the baby quilt that she wanted me to make.  What a challenge.  No pink no blue and how do you make an elephant?  I went on the internet and googled baby elephant quilt and I got a free pattern to piece the elephant block.  I picked this pattern, because it was a pieced pattern.  The samples showed how you can add button eyes and  yarn tails and the trunk holding balloons.   Since this is for a baby, I did not add the buttons.
Here is a closeup picture.  I did add a yarn tail for the momma and baby elephants.  The baby elephant is not pieced.  I traced the pattern, cut it out of a lavendar fabric, turned under the seams and topstitched it onto the yellow background.

I cut out the elephant pattern with freezer paper and put them in different places on the quilt.  The quilting is a meander stitch.  Tina was very happy with the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment