Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rami Kim workshop


I finished my Rami Kim bag.  Yeah.  I think it came out very well.  There are six different techniques that Rami showed us in the 2 day class.  She was such a wonderful teacher and so organized.  She actually covered all 6 techniques in one day.  This side shows the North American smocking, continuous prairie points and hexagon in a square.

This side shows the square in a square, prairie points and another type of smocking.  Magic.  Its funny how when you know the correct way to make something, it can make something that looks so hard, easy to do.

 This is a closeup of the north american smocking.  This was the hardest to make, but I think the best.  I used a Marcia Derse purple fabric that gave it some depth.

The leather handles really make the handbag look professional.  I chose a purple handles to match the bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment