Monday, May 28, 2012

Fabric Postcard

I was asked to make a fabric postcard by Cindi for a group present.  She gave us instructions on how to construct it which I read and promptly forgot where I put the directions.  I did remember that it had to be 4 inches by 6 inches and to sew a paper backing to the fabric with satin stitching.  With this in mind, I took scraps from my current project and made a small version.  The Basket Weave pattern that I am working on calls for 2 1/2 inch wide strips.  For the postcard, I decided to use 1 1/2 wide strips.  This is how it came out.  Pretty good.  Postcards make nice small projects and it didn't take much time.

 This is a picture of the project that I am working on now.  It is still not done, but I love the way that it is coming along.
 After hand piecing the patches together.  I finally figured out a way to machine piece the patches.  This is a
picture of the basic unit.

  


If I have time, I am thinking of writing down the instructions on how to piece this quilt.  It is based on a picture of a beautiful quilt from the 2012 Tokyo quilt show.  Of course, that quilt used tiny tiny 1 inch pieces.



2 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog today and LOVE your basket weave quilts-I wonder if you ever did write down how you made the quilt blocks? I would be very interested. In the mean time, I am going to study your blocks and try to figure them out.

    Your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete