Tuesday, September 6, 2011

thread



Recently, my mother in law gave me 2 small storage chests.  After they sat on my desk for a week, I realized the best use for them would be to put my threads in them.  As a quilter, you start accumulating thread.  You never know what you’ll need, so you stock up... just in case.  You start to look for the new and interesting threads and the industry has really come up with some wonderful threads.  Neon, Glow in the Dark, Metallics in all colors 12 wt, 50 wt variegated, silk, monofilament.  Once you start to look at the thread, you start to wonder, how that will look on your quilt.  Anyway, I was storing thread all in different places, wherever they would fit.  When I put them in the 2 chests, I could see what I had and what I was missing.  One drawer fit all the 12 wt, one drawer for the 50 wt, one for polyester, silks, handquilting.  As you see there is one drawer empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment