Friday, July 5, 2019

Twinkle

 This is a quilt that I finished for the Moilili Senior Community Center.  Twinkle had donated the blocks made from the HGTV show sometime in 2003.  It was a block swap, so the blocks were from all over the country and had the makers name and city on them in ink.  What a fun swap.  As you can see some of the blocks are complicated, and I'm sure they took a lot of time to make.
 Luckily, I had some bright green solid fabric and a nice hawaiian red print fabric for the backing in my stash.  It was perfect to simply highlight the blocks with the green fabric and use the red fabric for the binding.
 I called Twinkle to ask permission to use the photos on my blog.  Thank you Twinkle for donating the blocks.  The ladies at Moilili were oohhing and aahhhing the quilt when I brought it to them.  She said that they were going to put it in their annual Temari Trash to Treasures sale in November and put a price of $100.
That is a bargain.  They asked me how long it took me to put the quilt together and I said 20 hours.  I think they record how many volunteer hours are used.  Now I have to fill out a form to say that I am a volunteer.  Well, it keeps me busy.  I have asked my mom Sue, aunty Shinno, Carol and Lea to help me.  The ladies from Moilili have given me 3 more tops to complete, so I need to share the wealth with my Ohana.

No comments:

Post a Comment