Friday, December 21, 2018

It started as White - 2

 This is another quilt that I made of my hand dyed stash.  Sorry the picture is missing the fabrics on the two sides.  The center squares were made with Sujatas technique of freehand cutting.  The dyed fabrics have retained their bright colors.

 I wish I could remember how I made that green batik.  I know that I had a lot of fun making these.  It helped that the classes had everything prepared and all the dyes and materials there for you to use.
This is the backing fabric of a cotton childrens yukata.  I think I bought the fabric at a craft fair at the JCC in Hawaii for $25.  Its getting harder to find this type of fabric for a reasonable price. I quilted the quilt from the back and followed the outline of the flowers and leaves.  It was a very nice quilting pattern since it started on one end to the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment